Earn a $2,500 Scholarship!
North Hennepin Community College will be awarding $2,500 Workforce Development Scholarships that encourage and reward students pursuing high-demand occupations in health care and information technology.
Eligible Programs at NHCC
Students in the following programs are eligible for the Workforce Development Scholarship:
- Construction Management
- Construction Management and Supervision
- Construction Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Construction Technology AAS
- Construction Technology AS
* Majors under these programs are not eligible until Fall 2024
How it Works
New Students: If you're new to NHCC, you will need to apply to an eligible program at NHCC before applying for a Workforce Development Scholarship.
Current Students: If you're a current NHCC student in an eligible program, then you're ready to apply for a Workforce Development Scholarship.
- Apply for the Workforce Development Scholarship
- Enroll in at least nine credits at NHCC
- Receive notification of scholarship in July
- Receive first semester scholarship award (if selected) in September
- Complete fall semester with 2.0 GPA or higher and enroll in at least 9 credits again the following spring semester
- Receive second semester award in January
In order to be considered for the Workforce Development Scholarship, students must:
- Pursue a high-demand occupation (see list above)
- Take a minimum of 9-credits per semester
- Be a Minnesota resident
- Priority given to new students and students with financial need as determined by the FAFSA