Who is the Honors Program for?
The Honors Program at North Hennepin Community College offers qualifying students the opportunity to strive for excellence in an environment that nurtures them academically, socially, emotionally and intellectually. Students in the Honors Program share a passion for learning and a desire to expand their academic and personal horizons.
Benefits for Honors Students
- “Honors-only” NHCC scholarship opportunities
- Direct & meaningful interaction with NHCC faculty
- Individualized faculty mentoring during your time in the Honors Program
- A built-in community of similarly intellectually-driven peers
- Opportunities for personal growth & intellectual enrichment; motivation to develop your fullest academic potential
- Priority registration each term for current
- Opportunities to participate in unique cultural and social events as well as other enrichment activities
- Honors recognition on your official NHCC transcript – a boost for your professional goals!
- Increased opportunity for transfer to four-year universities
Even More Benefits!
- Taking the Honors Track at Community College
- The Benefits of Earning Honors Credit at Your Community College
Eligibility for the Honors Program
All students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and 12 credits completed at NHCC will receive an invitation to join the Honors Program. Students will be asked to attend an introductory orientation session and then pledge to the program. Upon pledging, students will be added to the Honors Program D2L Bightspace page where they will find detailed information on how to successfully complete the program. Once you have pledged and been added to the D2L Bightspace page, you will meet with the Honors Director to map out your program.
To be certified as an Honors Program transfer student or graduate, a student must have successfully completed the requirements of the Honors Program with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5. Students will then have Honors listed in their transcript and be recognized at commencement.
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m.