Student Senate Information
Want to serve on Student Senate this year? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
All Fall Full Student Senate meetings will be held on the Zoom platform. Join Link: https://minnstate.zoom.us/j/97253552843
Full Student Senate meeting dates are as follows:
January 27, 2022
February 10, 2022
February 24, 2022
March 17, 2022
March 31, 2022
April 21, 2022
The Student Senate is the official voice of the NHCC students.
Student Senate Constitution
The Constitution was revised and reviewed by campus during Spring 2015 through Fall 2015. It was voted on and ratified on October 22, 2015 and amended on March 31, 2016, September 22, 2016, January 25, 2018 and October 10, 2019.
2020-2021 Student Senate Leadership
- President - Celestine Massmann
- Vice President - Jakob Schermann
- Secretary - Sylvester Jah
- Treasurer - Linda Kalu
- Public Relations Coordinator - Ella Quach
- Legislative Coordinator - Vacant
- Diversity & Equity Coordinator - Nkechi Okereafor
- Senators at Large -Vacant (up to 5 positions)
- Ombuds - (2 positions - vacant)
2020-21 Meeting Information
2020-21 Schedule: All meetings are set for 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.on Zoom
All meeting agendas will be posted here the Tuesday of each scheduled meeting week. After meeting minutes are approved, they will be posted here, approximately two weeks after each meeting. If you would like to request to speak at a meeting, or present an agenda item, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Senate Officer Eligibility
All officers shall act in accordance with the Constitution. The term for executive board officers is one year, beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30 of the following year. Executive board officers may run for a second term. No one may serve as an officer of the Student Senate for more than two years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- President shall preside at all Student Senate meetings, represent the Student Senate to the college and others, and convene the executive board at least monthly during an academic term.
- Vice President shall assume the duties and responsibilities during the president's absence.
- Secretary shall record the meeting minutes of the Student Senate and maintain a permanent record of said minutes in the Student Senate computer, along with a hard copy on file in the Student Senate office.
- Treasurer shall serve as the budget consultant of the Student Senate and advise the group on spending as well as serve on the Student Life Budget Committee.
- Public Relations Coordinator shall be responsible for posting the agenda on the Student Senate bulletin board two (2) days prior to a Student Senate meeting.
- Legislative Coordinator shall be responsible for all legislative affairs of the Student Senate that shall be conducted in the best interest of the North Hennepin Community College student body.
- Diversity & Equity Coordinator shall be responsible for working to create an inclusive student community and tracking progress on the college's diversity master plan.
- Senators at Large represent the general student body on all student issues and lead at least one project per year of their interest.
- Club & Organization Representatives serve as a voting members of student senate to vote on issues of student concern.
- All Executive Board Officers shall attend all Minnesota State College Student Association (LeadMN) general assembly meetings. Appeals may be made to the Student Senate executive board.
LEADMN - Minnesota State College Student Association
All enrolled two-year college students are represented by LEADMN, a state-wide student organization. They represent the 180,000 two-year college students in Minnesota. To get information regarding their leadership training, scholarships or more, go to https://www.leadmn.org/.