Welcome to NHCC’s Courses and Registration page! Please review the Course Registration Steps below in order to register for classes.
Make sure to keep in mind important deadlines for registration, tuition, and classes, which are also found below.
Course Registration Steps
Before registering for classes, make sure you complete the following steps.
Step 1: Submit an online application to formally become a student.
Step 2: Apply for financial aid each academic year to help pay for tuition, fees, and books. NHCC's school code is 002370.
Step 3: Take placement tests to determine college readiness in reading, writing, and mathematics.
Step 4: Complete orientation, which will introduce you to helpful resources on campus.
Registering for Classes
Find relevant information about Records & Registration. Our staff is also available to meet with you via virtual appointment for more focused assistance. You can also call tel: +1-763-424-0719 or email Records and Registration.
- Go to eservices and enter your StarID and Password.
- Select “Courses and Registration,” and then “Search for a course”.
- Select the “Subject” and/or “Course Number” and then “Search”.
- When you have found a course, select "+" and 'ok' to add the course to your 'Wish List' and then select “Continue to Review My Plan.”
- Check the white box to the left of the course title and then “Select Course(s) to Proceed to Register”.
- Enter your password, and select “Register".
- Review the information in the yellow box.
If you are on a class waitlist and a seat becomes available, you are notified by email. The seat is held for 24 hours so you can register. You will NOT be automatically registered for the course. Check your email at least once every day while you are on a waitlist so you do not miss your opportunity to register.
- Prerequisites or other requirements must be met prior to adding yourself to the waitlist.
NHCC staff do not have control over the waitlist and CANNOT add you, nor can we change the order of the waitlist.
- When attempting to register for a course that is full, you can add your name to the waitlist by selecting the waitlist icon.
- The course will appear in a pop-up box.
- Select submit.
- After the information is submitted, you will be shown where you are on the waitlist, and where email updates will be sent.
Drop: A course drop is allowed through the fifth business day of the term or through the first business day after the first scheduled class meeting, whichever is later. A dropped course does not appear on your transcript and does not impact your academic standing. Tuition and fee charges are reversed/refunded for a course that is dropped.
Withdraw: A course withdrawal is allowed after the add/drop period has ended and through approximately 80% of the term/course. A withdrawal is recorded on your transcript as a W and does impact academic standing.
Total Withdraw: Tuition and fee refunds are issued only for a total withdrawal within the refund period (see schedule below). A total withdrawal is a withdrawal from all courses for the term. No refunds are issued for partial withdraws.
Last date to withdraw from a course is specific to each individual course. View the course description in eServices for details.
- Withdrawing can affect academic standing and financial aid eligibility. If you have questions on how withdrawing from class will affect your standing, please contact your academic advisor.
Instructions for: Drop/Withdraw from a Class(es)
- Go to eServices and enter your StarID and Password.
- Select “Courses and Registration” and select “View/Modify Schedule.”
- Press the "x" button next to the course you want to drop or withdraw from.
- Verify that you want to drop or withdraw by entering your password, then select “Drop/Withdraw.
- See NHCC Calendar for Total Withdraw Refund dates.
Requesting Official NHCC Transcripts
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website and type in North Hennepin Community College to get started
Requesting Unofficial NHCC Transcripts
- Sign into eServices using your StarID and password
- From the left menu, select 'Grades and Transcripts.
- From the left menu, select 'Academic Record' and choose the sorting method for your Unofficial Transcript.
Address, Phone Number, Email Address Update
- Sign into eServices using your StarID and Password.
- From the left menu, select “Account Management.”
- From the left menu, select “Address Info” to view and edit your phone number or address.
- From the left menu, select “Demographic Info” to view or edit your email address
Note: students who are employees must contact the HR office to make any changes.
Name Update - Changes during COVID-19 pandemic:
- Policy for Students Due to Covid-19
- Email a copy of your State ID and name change documentation to the Records and Registration Office.
- Fax a copy of your State ID and name change documentation to the Records and Registration Office to 763-493-0563.
Major/Program of Study Update
- If you want to change your major or program, just fill out the Major Update Form to get things started.
In accordance with Minnesota state law, all students are required to provide updated immunization records to this Records and Registration Office. Please complete the Immunization Record form at Forms and/or contact Records & Registration with questions.
Students may register for 1 course without providing updated immunization information. Beyond the 1 course threshold, students will be required to provide their updated immunization records. A temporary delay can be requested one time. The temporary delay is only good through the 45th calendar day of the term.
Students DO NOT need to have a doctor’s signature in order to submit the form, just a month, year and their signature.
1. Graduation from a Minnesota high school in/or after 1997
2. Medical Exemption- which requires a doctor’s signature
3. Conscientious Exemption- requires a notary Immunizations will be available through NHCC Health Services for those who need/want them.
Find more information about Minnesota state law around immunization requirements in college here. We are here to help you every step of the way. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the office of Records and Registration at (763) 424-0719
Need to Know Information
You are responsible for your registration, including the financial and academic consequences that result from your schedule.
NHCC reserves the right to drop you from courses for which you have not met the prerequisite requirements or have not tested into based on the results from your placement tests.
You may not register for more than one section of a class. Students who register for multiple sections of the same course may be subject to discipline and will have their duplicate enrollments cancelled.
Classes added through late registration (after the Pell Grant enrollment deadline) are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
Degree/Certificate seeking students are able to register for a maximum of 20 credits per semester (Fall/Spring). Summer semester credits for Degree/Certificate seeking student is limited to 12 credits. Students may request to register for additional credits by completing an appeal form, which must be approved by an Academic Advisor.
PSEO and special classifications (ie Visiting students, Non-Degree seeking) are able to register for a maximum of 16 credits per semester (Fall/Spring). PSEO students are not able to appeal for additional credits.
Records & Registration
Location & Contact
Educational Services Center - Room 70