Fall Semester at NHCC
Fall Semester starts August 21.
Ready to get started at NHCC? Your first step is to apply to NHCC.
Have Questions? Contact Admissions.
Registration for Fall Semester is open. Register today to get the classes you need at times that fit your schedule.
Work with an academic advisor or TRIO to make sure you take the right classes.
Visit Courses and Registration to review the registration process.
Returning to NHCC After a Break?
We're glad you're back! Visit the returning students page to find out how to continue your education at NHCC.
With weekend courses, you can take courses at days and times that work with your schedule.
NHCC offers many fully online degrees and certificates, as well as the option to take classes online in most programs.
What to Expect
- Register for courses. Questions? Contact Academic Advising at 763-424-0703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your financial aid application status in eServices, and provide any requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office.
- Pay tuition or set up a payment plan. Spring tuition is due Friday, January 6. If registered after this date, tuition is due Friday, January 13.
- Buy your books on campus or through the online bookstore. Discount bus passes are also available for purchase.
- Get a student ID from Public Safety to access technology resources. You can access Public Safety during campus hours.
- Access low and no-cost computer and Internet options (if needed).
- Log into your college email to review college notifications.
- Log into eservices to review your class schedule and check financial aid status.
- Find out if you are eligible to participate in Student Support Services/TRIO, a free program that offers many resources to help students succeed in college.
- Log into D2L Brightspace to review your class syllabus and check for messages.
- Get connected by downloading the NHCC mobile app and the Navigate app.
- Be sure to check your schedule in eServices for accuracy and make any registration changes before the drop/add deadline.
- Request accommodations (if needed) through Access Services.
- For technology assistance, visit the Technology Services webpage, email HelpDesk@nhcc.edu or call 763-424-0957.
- Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor to create a graduation plan and discuss transfer options, if applicable. Please visit Transfer Out for upcoming Transfer Tuesday events on campus.
- Visit Tutoring to learn about math, writing, and other resources available.
- Explore student resources, including Community Connections Resource Center, Counseling, and Food Cupboard.
- Visit Student Life, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and check the NHCC mobile app regularly for upcoming events.
Online courses are more expensive than in person for a couple of reasons. First, North Hennepin is assessed a $4.50/credit fee by Minnesota State to cover the cost of the system-wide licensing of D2L Brightspace (online course management system) and other licensing costs. Second, the additional amount of the differential is used by the campus to a) fund specialized software needed for online courses, b) offset the additional support costs required for online courses and c) provide training to employees. Although NHCC’s online courses are more expensive than in person, we have one of the lowest differential rates of any of the metro area community or technical colleges.
You can either come to the bookstore to purchase textbooks, supplies, bus passes, and NHCC branded items, or visit us at onlinebookstore.nhcc.edu to place an online order for either home delivery or in-store pickup. For more information, you can also call us at 763-424-0808.
Fall tuition is due Friday, August 18, 2023. If registered after this date, tuition is due Friday, August 25, 2023. For more information on tuition payment options and deadlines, visit Paying for College. Questions? Contact Accounting and Fees at 763-424-0718 or email@example.com.
Contact Academic Advising