Liberal Arts Program Highlights
- In-person, online, and hybrid classes allow you to create a flexible schedule.
- You can explore your interests through a wide range of course options and flexible paths to completing your degree.
- Classes are taught by instructors with a doctorate or master's degree in their field.
- Liberal Arts classes help you develop a versatile skillset that's valued by employers in every field.
- You can keep your options open before deciding on transferring to a bachelor's program.
- With NHCC's tuition being among the most affordable in the state, you can save on your general education courses before transferring to get your bachelor's.
The Liberal Arts AA degree transfers to any of the following Minnesota State universities:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University Mankato
- Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- Winona State University
Many students choose to transfer to a four-year institution outside the Minnesota State system. It's important to work with an academic advisor to ensure you register for classes that fulfill the pre-major requirements of your desired transfer institution.
"A Liberal Arts degree gives you a very broad foundation, while allowing you to focus in on some of your interest areas."
- Deanna Forsman | History Instructor
Complete the form below to receive information on NHCC's Liberal Arts AA program, admissions at NHCC, college resources, and more.
Liberal Arts Classes at NHCC
Students in the AA degree complete required and elective coursework in a variety of fields, including Communication, Critical Thinking, Social Science, Fine Arts, Human Diversity, Natural Science, and more.
The Liberal Arts AA program allows you to keep your academic and career options open, but you can also choose to focus your studies in a particular field. One of best things you can do to gain clarity on your interests and outline a path forward is meet with an academic advisor.
Liberal Arts Curriculum
"I was initially drawn to NHCC because of the way they balance the four-year college feeling, with the intimacy and willingness to help of a community college."
- AJ | Liberal Arts Graduate