About the Policy Committee
The development, approval, and communication of college policies and procedures is guided by the Policy Committee. In collaboration with the appropriate institutional unit, the Policy Committee will review existing policies and proactively develop new college policies and procedures. In an effort to provide transparency, the Policy Committee will distribute draft policies and procedures to the college community for review and comment.
All college faculty, staff, and students are welcome to provide comment. After reviewing any received feedback, the Policy Committee will finalize policies and procedures, assign numbers, obtain appropriate approval, and communicate approved policies and procedures to the entire college community. The Policy Development and Implementation Policy governs this process.
The Policy Committee includes:
- Provost: Jesse Mason (continuing)
- Co-Chair: Deanna Forsman, MSCF (returning)
- Student Affairs Administrator: Julio Vargas-Essex (continuing)
- Chief Human Resource Officer: Vicki DeFord (continuing)
- Associate Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Eda Watts (new)
- Academic Dean: Nerita Hughes (continuing)
- 1 AFSCME member: Tarsha Davis (continuing)
- 1 MAPE member: Candice Bartelle (continuing)
- 1 MMA member: Kristi L'Allier (continuing)
- 1 student: Erika Jamison (new)