This guide is a tool to help you get off to a great start at NHCC.
Review and complete the following steps to make sure you're ready for your first semester.
Make sure your enrollment steps are completed or in-progress.
- 🔲 Apply for admission (the application deadline for spring closes 1/1/24 at 11:59 p.m.)
- 🔲 Apply for financial aid
- 🔲 Course placement
- 🔲 Online orientation
- 🔲 Registration session
- 🔲 Review payment options
You can find details on your enrollment steps here.
- 🔲 Check your financial aid application status in eServices and provide any requested documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Spring tuition is due Friday, January 5, 2024. If registered after this date, tuition is due Friday, January 12, 2024.
- 🔲 Pay tuition or set up a payment plan.
- 🔲 Buy your books on campus or through the online bookstore. Discount bus passes are also available for purchase.
- 🔲 Get your student ID from Public Safety to access technology resources. You can access Public Safety during campus hours.
- 🔲 Access low and no-cost computer and Internet options (if needed).
- 🔲 Log into your college email to review college notifications.
- 🔲 Log into eservices to review your class schedule.
- 🔲 Find out if you are eligible to participate in Student Support Services/TRIO, a free program that offers many resources to help students succeed in college.
- 🔲 Log into D2L Brightspace to review your class syllabus and check for messages.
- 🔲 Go to class. Campus maps.
- 🔲 Read the syllabus for each of your classes thoroughly.
- 🔲 Check your schedule in eServices for accuracy and make any registration changes before the drop/add deadline.
- 🔲 Check your NHCC email and get in the habit of checking it everyday.
- 🔲 Request accommodations (if needed) through Access Services.
- 🔲 Get connected by downloading the NHCC mobile app and the Navigate app.
- 🔲 For technology assistance, visit Technology Services, email HelpDesk@nhcc.edu or call 763-424-0957.
- 🔲 Go to the Great NHCC Get Together to enjoy free food, fun, and games.
- 🔲 Go to class.
- 🔲 Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor to create a graduation plan and discuss transfer options, if applicable. Visit Transfer Out for upcoming Transfer Tuesday events on campus.
- 🔲 Visit Tutoring to learn about math, writing, and other resources available.
- 🔲 Explore student resources, including Community Connections Resource Center, Counseling, and Food Cupboard.
- 🔲 Visit Student Life, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and check the NHCC mobile app regularly for upcoming events.
You can either come to the bookstore to purchase textbooks, supplies, bus passes, and NHCC branded items, or visit us at onlinebookstore.nhcc.edu to place an online order for either home delivery or in-store pickup. For more information, you can also call us at 763-424-0808.
It's very common to be unsure of what you want your major to be and what career field you'd like to pursue. Figuring that out is part of going to college!
Here's what you can do:
- Meet with an academic advisor. You'll speak with an advisor during your registration session and they'll help you to be strategic about the classes you register for.
- Meet with your advisor again during fall semester, before you register for spring semester classes. They'll help you think about your goals and how to align your classes and major with your goals.
- Many students start with Liberal Arts as their major, and then decide from there. Liberal Arts is the most transferable and customizable major, and if you find something you're more interested in, you can change your major.
- During fall semester, meet with Career Services to explore careers and resources to help you determine your career interests and the best major to reach your goals.
- Ask questions of people working in a field you might be interested in, and research careers on your own. Here's a good resource.
Your STAR ID gets you into every service at NHCC. From email to D2L to WiFi to eServices, your STAR ID gets you into all these services with just one username and password.
Get more info on STAR ID and learn how to login here.