The NHCC Community Connections Resource Center (CCRC) connects students to campus and community resources and opportunities. The goal of the center is to help students overcome barriers to academic success and meet their current needs and goals. The CCRC is open to all NHCC students, and offers support and services to help NHCC students remove barriers to success.
Visit the CCRC to:
- Expand your support system and get one-to-one help - Staff in the CCRC can assist students in finding low cost healthcare and energy assistance, access to the food pantry and SNAP, locate money management information and more.
- Attend a workshop or presentation - The CCRC workshop series includes a variety of topics. Visit or call the center for a schedule of upcoming workshops and events.
- Visit the information library - The CCRC also includes an Information library related to many topics of interest and importance to support students.
- Visit with guest resources - Guest resources from the community provide help in areas such as tax preparation, completing applications for social services. Guest resource information is posted outside of the CCRC.
- Meet with a community support advocate - Click here for more details.
Emergency Grant Program - Random Acts of Kindness
Through a generous donation, NHCC has an emergency grant program, called Random Acts of Kindness (RAK). The grant offers a one-time, up to $500, to students who are experiencing financial hardship and who have an unforeseen financial barrier, such as a car repair, medical costs, child care, transportation, food, bills or other needs that they cannot meet. If you feel uncertain about if you qualify or would like to discuss the application process, please contact Troy.Nellis@nhcc.edu or call 763-488-0139.
Bridge to Benefits
Support and Locate Resources
- Comprehensive Community Connections Resource List
- Resources for Students Experiencing Abuse
- Chemical Health and Addiction Resources
- Crisis Resources
- Food Support Resources and Food Shelves
- NEW Local Food Shelf Info Updated 3.13.20
- Health Care Resources
- Resources for Students Experiencing Homelessness
- Housing and Utilities Resources
- Transportation Resources
- Community Food Resources
Location & Contact
Educational Services (ES) 118
In-person & virtual
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.