Direct Loan Application Process
- Complete a FAFSA and wait to receive an email from the Financial Aid Office that notifies you that your award notice is ready to view online. The online award notice will list the amount and type of loan that you are eligible to receive.
- All borrowers must complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), loan entrance counseling session, and loan application. To apply for a loan or to check your application status, go to your e-Services account and select the loan link.
Note: Loans must be split into two equal disbursements. Typically the first disbursement is for fall semester and the second is for spring semester. However, loans borrowed for one term only (examples: summer loans or loans for students graduating at the end of fall semester), will be split within that single term. The first disbursement would be scheduled for the third week of that term and the second disbursement for the mid-point of that term.
Direct PLUS Loan Application - Parent
- Complete a FAFSA and wait to receive an email from the Financial Aid Office that notifies you that your award notice is ready to view online.
- Complete the Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Complete the Direct PLUS Loan Request Form.
Additional Loan Information
- You must be enrolled in and attending at least 6 credits to receive a loan.
- You have the right to cancel or reduce any loan amount by making the request in writing to the Financial Aid Office within 14 days of the loan disbursing.
- To change the amount of an existing loan, complete the Direct Loan Change form.