Start the application process for federal and state aid programs by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Federal Aid Programs (Grants, Loans, Work-Study)
- Federal Aid Program Overview
- Federal PELL Grant (PELL)
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Work Study (FWS)
- Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Direct Loans
- Federal Parent Loan for Students (PLUS)
State Aid Programs (Grants, Work-Study)
- State Aid Program Overview
- Minnesota Fostering Independence Grant (FIG)
- Minnesota Future Together Grant
- Minnesota State Grant (MNSG)
- Minnesota State Work Study (SWS)
- Minnesota GI Bill (Site not compatible with internet explorer. Use an alternative browser.)
- Post-Secondary Child Care Grant
North Hennepin Community College Scholarships
Scholarships offered through NHCC Foundation range from $250 to $5,000 per year.
For additional scholarship opportunities from local and national organizations, visit our External Scholarship page.
Aid for Students with Special Circumstances
Several aid programs support students based on life circumstances, public service or other affiliations.
- Public Safety Officer's Survivor Grant
- Grants for dislocated workers
- Minnesota Educational Assistance for War Orphans
- Minnesota Veterans' Dependents Assistance Program
- Education Vouchers for Former Youth in Care
- Minnesota Scholarships for Blind Minnesotans
American Indian (Scholarships)
State, federal and tribal scholarship resources are available at:
Visit the Department of Education site of your state of residence.
Other types of financial aid
From grants to tax benefits, information on additional forms of assistance is available.
Location & Contact
Educational Services (ES) 70