Below are video resources that you might find helpful. These videos include information on types of aid, a FAFSA overview and a step-by-step FAFSA guide.
Understanding Your Financial Aid Award
How to Create an FSA ID
Types of Financial Aid
These websites include information on financial aid, tax benefits and loan repayment resources.
- Department of Education: Information on education issues and financial aid programs.
- Federal Student Loan Ombudsman: A resource for student experiencing difficulty with the student loan process.
- Federal Financial Aid Estimator: Explore your federal aid options by using the FAFSA4caster.
- Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation: Provides loan information and financial management resources.
- Internal Revenue Service: Information on tax filing requirements and obtaining copies of your tax documents.
- Minnesota Dream Act: Provides information for undocumented students about certain benefits they may qualify for.
- Minnesota Higher Education Services Office: Provides information on preparing for college and aid programs.
- Minnesota State Legislature: Locate information on who represents you, bills, and upcoming events.
- NSLDS: Access for students to view their cumulative loan balances.
- Selective Service Registration: Information on registration requirements.
- Tax Break: Learn how the Hope and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits can help with education costs by reading IRS Publication 970, "Tax Benefits for Education."