This program is designed to provide eligible Minnesota residents a tuition-free pathway for earning a certificate, diploma, associate’s degree and bachelor’s degree in high-need careers. Funding comes from the State of Minnesota and is awarded to eligible students after grants and scholarships have been paid.
Eligible Educational Programs
Academic English Language Proficiency
Accounting Transfer Pathway
American Sign Language
Biology Transfer Pathway
Business Computer Systems & Management
Business Transfer Pathway
Chemistry Transfer Pathway
Computer Science Transfer Pathway
Construction Management and Supervision
Exercise Science Transfer Pathway
Finance and Investments
Health Science Broad Field
Law Enforcement Transfer Pathway
Medical Lab Technology
Microsoft Office Administrative Professional
Microsoft Office Technical Professional
Web Graphic Design, Programming and e-Commerce
Visit our Programs webpage for information on these programs.
- Have a Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)* reported on FAFSA or MN Dream Act Application of less than $50,000
- Have a Family AGI* reported on FAFSA or State Aid Application of less than $100,000 and have worked in a critical industry listed in Executive Order 20-74 at least part-time between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021; OR received unemployment benefits between March 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
*Family AGI for a dependent student includes parent and student AGI and for an independent student it includes student and spouse AGI.
Other Eligibility Factors
- You first enrolled during the 2021-22 or 2022-23 school year OR you are returning to college and have not been enrolled at any college in the last three semesters
- Meet the Minnesota residency criteria
- Not have already earned a baccalaureate degree
- Not in default on a state or federal student loan
- Not on a Satisfactory Academic Progress/financial aid suspension
- Student eligibility for the grant will be determined every semester. You will need to fill out the FAFSA each year. A student who receives a grant one semester is not guaranteed to receive funding for the next semester. Eligibility is subject to the availability of funds and any changes in your enrollment, FAFSA, or other financial aid may change the amount you receive each semester.
North Hennepin Community College is reviewing currently enrolled students for eligibility and will contact you with an award amount or additional questions to determine your eligibility. Please be sure to check your NHCC school email account for updates.