Cancelled class information is updated on this page daily, and throughout the day. Check back often for new information as it becomes available.
If the entire campus closes due to weather, the following procedures will be taken:
Who Makes the Decision
The College President/or designee will make the decision to close North Hennepin in consultation with the Executive Team.
How the Decision is Made
The decision to close North Hennepin is based on information from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, local weather and road conditions, local school closings, and other college closings. In addition, supervisors can make the decision to move on-campus services to a remote setting when appropriate.
All employees that can telework, will transition to their teleworking arrangements. For employees that do not have the option to telework, they can take vacation, if they choose to leave early due to the extenuating circumstances. Employees who are currently teleworking that day are expected to continue to telework. For more information regarding temporary Weather and Emergency closures, please visit our website to review our 4.4.2 Weather and Short-Term Emergency Closings Policy.
When the Decision is Made
We will make every effort possible to make the decision to close by 6:00am for morning or day classes, and 3:30pm for late afternoon or evening classes.
How to Find Out if the College is Closed
- Star Alert – Sign up to receive emergency text messages from North Hennepin sent directly to your mobile phone and/or email address. Visit www.nhcc.edu/staralert to sign up.
- College Website – A notice will be placed on top of the college homepage (www.nhcc.edu) if the college is closed.
- Phone – Call 763-424-0702 to check for emergency college closings.
- Email – Check your college email @nhcc.edu (employee) or @my.nhcc.edu (student).
- TV and Radio Stations – The following stations are notified of NHCC closings:
- WCCO TV
- KSTP Channel 5
- KARE 11
- KMSP Fox 9
- News Radio 830
Whether North Hennepin is open or closed, we can assure you that all decisions are made with one factor in mind – the safety of our students and employees using information from a variety of sources. If you feel it is unsafe to travel to campus when North Hennepin is not closed, you should inform your instructors if you are a student, or your supervisor if you are an employee, as soon as possible.