Test Of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Information
All applicants to the North Hennepin Community College Nursing Program and Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Program are required to complete the most recent version of the standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) PRIOR to the application deadline for which they are applying.
***The newest version the TEAS test (ATI TEAS Version 7) came out June 3, 2022. Any student applying to Nursing or MLT at NHCC will need to take this new version (*even if they have a score from a prior version).
To register for the TEAS test, click the "Register for the TEAS" button below and choose Brooklyn Park as the City in order to register to take it here at NHCC.
The TEAS is a timed, multiple choice exam evaluating your knowledge (particularly in areas like the Sciences) including but not limited to: Anatomy and Physiology, Life Science, Chemistry, Math, English and Language Usage, and Reading Comprehension. The exam is computer-based, and is offered at NHCC.
- Applicants are allowed to test as many times as they want. However, there is a fee each time. Fees are posted on the ATI website.
- The best score achieved may be submitted with the application.
It is recommended that Nursing applicants test at one of the MANE participating sites. Please check the ATI website for more information on these dates and locations.
MANE Participating Colleges:
- Anoka Ramsey Community College- Coon Rapids & Cambridge
- Century College- White Bear Lake
- Inver Hills Community College- Inver Grove Heights
- North Hennepin Community College- Brooklyn Park
- Normandale Community College- Bloomington
- Metropolitan State University- St. Paul
- Ridgewater College- Hutchinson & Willmar
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants may choose to take the TEAS at a non-MANE institution but they MUST submit an official score report to NHCC via the ATI website (send official scores and a fee may apply). It is suggested to attach a copy of the score report with the application as well.
MLT Applicants ONLY: Minimum TEAS scores as follows must be met in order to apply to the MLT program
|Adjusted Individual Total Score||60%|
Study material, practices tests, and tutorials:
- Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) offers a study manual and more.
- Mometrix offers video clips on subjects included on the TEAS test.
- Pocket Prep offers a free app for your smartphone.
- Khan Academy offers a quick crash course, as well as video clips on any subject you feel you want to brush up on.
Nursing Application Deadline:
February 1st for admission to the Fall Semester.
June 1st for admission to the Spring Semester.
MLT Application Deadline:
March 1st of each year for a Fall semester start.
NHCC will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified students with disabilities. Students requesting accommodations for TEAS testing are directed to test at a campus where you will be submitting an application. If you are currently a NHCC student who is registered with the Access Services Office, you can contact the Testing Center at 763-424-0928 to inquire about extended testing for the TEAS test.