Student Code of Conduct & NHCC Mobile App
North Hennepin Community College wants to promote a friendly, informative and enjoyable online experience for users of the new NHCC App. As such, any content and comments violating our Student Code of Conduct will be removed as soon as possible. Use of this mobile app is governed under the campus Student Code of Conduct Policy and Procedure (3.6 &3.6.1) as well as the Acceptable Use of Computers Policy and Procedure (5.22 & 5.22.1). These policies are located here.
Do No Harm
Let your mobile apps social networking do no harm to North Hennepin Community College or to yourself. NHCC:
- Does not use or allow content, images, or language that disparages, promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, status as a veteran, or any other classifications protected by local, state, or federal law;
- Does not use or allow sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Does not use or allow conduct or encouragement of illegal, harmful or offensive activity;
- Does not use or allow profanity, or placeholders of profanity, in posts or their equivalent;
- Encourages reasonable dialogue and civil discourse that offers a balanced perspective and multiple points of view;
- Does not allow comments that are personal attacks on members of the NHCC community;
- Reserves the right to take down and report to relevant authorities posts that we deem hateful, inappropriate, threatening to oneself or others, or misleading;
- Reserves the right to take down and report to the relevant authorities posts that are determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this forum, in the sole discretion of North Hennepin Community College.