NHCC is an authorized Pearson Vue testing site for the GED program.
Preparing for the GED
Preparation for the GED test is available at:
How to Register
To register, pay, and view test results, go to: www.GED.com. Individual test subjects are $20 each, and all four subjects can be purchased for $80.
- During the check-in process, all possessions are locked in a secure cabinet according to Pearson Vue and GED policies. Bring only photo identification and essential items with you.
What to Expect
The GED has four series of tests. The minimum passing score is at least 145 on each test and a total score of 600.
- Reasoning through Language Arts: Ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text (150 minutes)
- Mathematics Reasoning: Quantitative & algebraic problem solving (115 minutes)
- Science: Life science, physical science, earth and space science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies: Civics and government, U.S. history, economics, geography and the world (70 minutes)
Additional information is available through the Minnesota Department of Education, by calling 651-582-8445