Books on a wide range of Business topics are indexed in Aleph, the library’s online catalog. The Books collection can be divided into two categories: Reference books, which are things like directories, handbooks, dictionaries, and encyclopedias, are for in-library use only, and circulating books, which cover all topics and may be checked out for three weeks with your college ID card.
The Aleph catalog is fully searchable by keyword, title, author, and subject. If you would like to browse the library’s holdings on a certain topic, use the following call number areas as a guide:
- HA - books about statistics
- HB - books about economic theory
- HC - books about economic history and conditions
- HD - books about industry, land use, and labor
- HE - books about transportation and communications
- HF - books about commerce
- HG - books about finance
- HJ - books about public finance
We have a number of databases available for magazine and journal article searches. Performing a subject search in any of these databases should provide you with plenty of information about your topic.
- EBSCO Business Source Premier provides access to articles on all aspects of business from more than 8,000 publications. It also gives information on the world’s 10,000 largest corporations.
- EBSCO Regional Business News is comprised of 75 regional business publications that cover the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, including Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Though they offer articles on a wide range of topics, both EBSCO Academic Search Premier and Electric Library provide coverage of Business-related topics.