2024 Commencement Important Dates
- April 1, 2024: Deadline to order regalia and to RSVP for the commencement ceremony
- May 10, 2024: Commencement ceremony at Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center (HCBC) – Employees should arrive no later than 6:30 p.m.
RSVP for Commencement & Regalia
- If you’ll be attending commencement, please RSVP by April 1, 2024.
- If you need regalia (cap, gown, hood and/or full package), please RSVP no later than April 1, 2024. Regalia is free for employees to rent. You will pick up and return the regalia items at the HCBC the night of commencement.
- Failure to return the regalia will result in an invoice requesting payment.
If you require disability accommodations related to participation in the commencement ceremony (including special seating for yourself or guests, sign language interpretation, personal audio amplification, etc.), please contact Tom Lynch, Director of Access Services, at 763-493-0556 or Tom.Lynch@nhcc.edu by May 1, 2024.
Shuttle transportation will not be provided. The Brooklyn Center Transit Center is within 1.5 miles of the venue. Free parking is available on site at the Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center.
If you’re interested in volunteering at the Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center (greeting and directing students and families, helping with check-in, etc.) please indicate interest on the RSVP link.
Commencement Day Information
Review COVID-19 Guidelines
NHCC will follow guidance set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). Visit the MDH website to view up-to-date requirements.
Employees should arrive no later than 6:30 p.m. Check-in and regalia distribution will be located in Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center (look for directional signage on site). We will direct you on where to check in, pick up your cap and gown, and line up for the processional. You must be in line by 7:00 p.m., and the processional will begin at 7:15 p.m.
The Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center follows guidance set forth by the City of Brooklyn Center. Visit the Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center website to view up-to-date requirements.
Location & Parking
The Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center is located at 6155 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center. Parking is free. Please enter through Door 1. For directions and parking, visit the HCBC website.
What Not to Bring
The Heritage Center of Brooklyn Center does NOT allow balloons, confetti, etc. so please let students and their families know. No outside food or beverages are allowed. Also, be aware there is no room to store personal belongings (purse, keys, phone, etc.). You will be responsible for your own belongings.