2023 Commencement Important Dates
- April 7, 2023: Deadline to order regalia
- May 1, 2023: Deadline to RSVP for the commencement ceremony
- May 11, 2023: Commencement ceremony at Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) – Employees should arrive no later than 6:30 p.m.
RSVP for Commencement & Regalia
- If you’ll be attending commencement, please RSVP by May 1, 2023.
- If you need regalia (cap, gown, hood and/or full package), please RSVP no later than April 7, 2023. Regalia is free for employees to rent. You will pick up and return the regalia items at the MCC the night of commencement.
- Failure to return the regalia will result in an invoice requesting payment.
If you require disability accommodations related to participation in the commencement ceremony (including special seating for yourself or guests, sign language interpretation, personal audio amplification, etc.), please contact Tom Lynch, Director of Access Services, at 763-493-0556 or Tom.Lynch@nhcc.edu by May 1, 2023.
NHCC will provide bus transportation to the MCC. Please indicate on your RSVP link by May 1, 2023 if you would like transportation or if you will be providing your own.
If you’re interested in volunteering at the MCC (greeting and directing students and families, helping with check-in, etc.) please indicate interest on the RSVP link.
Commencement Day Information
Review COVID-19 Guidelines
The Minneapolis Convention Center follows guidance set forth by the City of Minneapolis. Visit the Minneapolis Convention Center website to view up-to-date requirements.
Employees should arrive no later than 6:30 P.M. Check-in and regalia distribution will be located in MCC 100 on the lower level (look for directional signage on site). We will direct you on where to check in, pick up your cap and gown, and line up for the processional. You must be in line by 7:00 P.M., and the processional will begin at 7:15 P.M.
Location & Parking
The Minneapolis Convention Center is located at 1301 Second Avenue S, Minneapolis. For directions and parking, visit the Minneapolis Convention Center website.
What Not to Bring
The Minneapolis Convention Center does NOT allow balloons, so please let family and friends know. Also, be aware there is no room to store personal belongings (purse, keys, phone, etc.). You will be responsible for your own belongings.