Name: Facilities Use Policy
Effective Date: 26 May 2021
Next Review Date: AY 2025–2026
- Minnesota State Board Policy 5.16 – Risk Management and Insurance
- Minnesota State Board Policy 5.18 – Alcoholic Beverages and Controlled Substances on Campus
- Minnesota Statute Section 624.72 – Interference with Use of Public Property
- Minnesota State System Procedures Chapter 1C – Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Minnesota State Board Policy 6.8 – Naming Buildings, Sites, and Common Areas
- Minnesota State Board Procedure 6.8.1 – Naming Buildings, Sites, and Common Areas
Part 1. Policy Statement
College facilities are available to faculty, staff, students, and campus organizations for sponsorship of various educational, recreational, and social programs and/or events. College academic departments, administrative units, and approved organizations may act as a sponsoring host for community organizations and activities that are related to the sponsoring area's institutional role. All facility rentals are on a space available basis and must not interfere with the educational programs of the college.
All events and activities held on college property must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Align with the college mission
- Benefit the college and/or community
- Create awareness for the college
- Support Foundation initiatives
Applicable rental rates and associated service fees may be assessed. Users may be required to provide proof of acceptable insurance coverage.
All facility rentals are scheduled through a process approved by the Vice President for Finance and Facilities. The facilities coordinator, who also assists users with the preparation of the initial contract and any subsequent issues, is responsible for daily coordination of the process.
North Hennepin Community College employees may not use college facilities for non-work related activities except as available to the general public and consistent with the Facilities Use procedure 6.12.1.
Visitors, contractors, and partners must abide by all North Hennepin Community College policies and procedures.
Part 2. Definitions
Subpart A. College Facilities
College facilities are identified as all buildings and grounds owned or controlled by the College, including streets, sidewalks, parking lots, athletic fields, roadways and all other property owned or controlled by the College.
Subpart B. Event
An event is defined as any function, meeting, gathering, workshop, or seminar attended by others regardless of size and purpose.
Part 3. Campus Review
|Campus Community Review Period:||5 Mar 2021–26 Mar 2021|
|Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee Review:||3 May 2021|
|AFSCME Review:||5 Apr 2021–14 May 2021|
|MAPE Review:||5 Apr 2021–14 May 2021|
|MMA Review:||5 Apr 2021–14 May 2021|
|Shared Governance Council Review:||14 May 2021|
|Student Senate Review:||29 April 2021|
|President Rolando Garcia Approval:||26 May 2021|
|Campus Community Dissemination:||14 June 2021|
- Originally approved January 1, 2006
- Revised spring 2013.
- Revised fall 2014 to include language about employee use of facilities.
- Reviewed spring 2020.
- Reviewed Spring 2021. Approved 26 May 2021 by President Rolando Garcia.