Handshake is NHCC’s online job board and career management platform that connects students, alumni, and employers. Job seekers and hiring managers can network together, participate in career fairs, and post/review resumes and job postings.
We recommend watching the Handshake Onboarding Video prior to completing the following steps.
- Go to Handshake
- Select North Hennepin Community College
- Sign in using your StarID and Password
- If prompted to configure your account, click the "Set Up Single Sign On" icon, and provide your email address using the format StarID@go.minnstate.edu
- Follow prompts for onboarding and to create your profile
- Set your privacy level to Community, Employers, or Private (Community recommended for full access to the site’s features)
Password instructions for Alumni
Troubleshooting Missing Confirmation Email
Did you know that employers are five times more likely to reach out to students who have a completed profile in Handshake? Uploading your resume makes creating the profile easier! Review the How to Upload a New Documentresource to add your resume to your account information.
If you have uploaded your resume to Handshake (Step 2) you can use it to fill in the profile information. Follow the instructions in the Build Profile from Resume article in Handshake. Complete all sections of the profile and check for accuracy before making it viewable by employers.
Handshake is a comprehensive tool offering many resources for you to network with other students, alumni and employers. Here are just a few suggestions to help you explore and use Handshake in your job search:
- Click your name/initials in the top right corner of your home page to complete Your Career Interests
- Search for Jobs and Internships
- Save Job Searches and Alerts
- Message Employers in Handshake
- Message Other Students in Handshake
- Optimize Your Experience in Handshake