Let’s start by stating the obvious: college is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Every student has their own path.
Like most college students, you’ve probably wondered, “what if I take the wrong path?”
It’s a good question to ask yourself when taking the wrong path could mean ending up with a degree you don’t want, spending time and money on classes you don’t need, or finding out the classes you took won’t transfer to the bachelor’s program you had in mind.
Do yourself a favor, avoid those unfortunate situations and schedule a meeting with an academic advisor.
Why Meet with an Academic Advisor?
- Make sure you register for the classes you need
- Discuss whether your academic program aligns with your goals
- Plan for your transfer process and increase the likelihood of a smooth transfer
- Develop a plan to graduate on your timeline
- Avoid wasting time and money taking classes you don’t need
- Keep your options open, especially if you’re unsure what path you want to take
- Reduce uncertainty and anxiety by developing an academic plan
- Get connected to resources and opportunities on campus
- Talk with someone who cares about your success
Going to college is a big deal. You’re investing your time, money, and energy.
When you meet with your advisor and develop a plan that aligns with your goals, you can feel good knowing you’re making the most of your time at NHCC. Beyond that, the plan you make with your advisor can set you on path that will benefit you for years to come.
How to Meet with an Academic Advisor
Every NHCC student is assigned an academic advisor based on their major.
You can find your advisor on Navigate or on the Meet the Advising Team page.
Once you know who your advisor is, you can schedule an appointment on Navigate.
NHCC’s academic advisors are experts at helping students plan for success, and they know your success matters.
Don’t wait! Make an appointment with your academic advisor today and start feeling confident about your college path!