Mankato, Minn. – Minnesota State University, Mankato and North Hennepin Community College announced today they have collaborated on a partnership known as the Maverick (Nursing) Advance (Transfer) Plan, or “MAP” between the Associate of Science in Nursing degree from North Hennepin Community College and the 100 percent online Registered Nurse (RN) Baccalaureate Completion degree from Minnesota State Mankato.
Students in the Associate of Science in Nursing program at NHCC who participate in the Maverick Advance Plan will be provided with guidance and support from both institutions to ensure a seamless transfer path directly after graduating with an Associate of Science in Nursing degree from NHCC to the 100 percent online RN Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State Mankato.
“We are pleased to add North Hennepin Community College as a partner in the Maverick Advance Plan nursing program,” said Edward Inch, president of Minnesota State Mankato. “This unique partnership program provides a flexible way for nursing students to continue their education and is very important to meeting the critical need for baccalaureate degree-educated nurses all across Minnesota.”
“This partnership opens the door to more opportunity for our students,” said Rolando Garcia, president of North Hennepin Community College. “We recognize the busy lives our students lead, so being able to offer students a seamless transition to complete a baccalaureate nursing degree in a flexible online format with an exceptional partner is something to celebrate.”
As part of the plan, students will work directly with advising teams at both institutions to ensure that necessary prerequisite coursework is completed at NHCC and that all admissions criteria for Minnesota State Mankato are met. Advisors at Minnesota State Mankato will also make information about the North Hennepin Community College Associate of Science in Nursing degree program available to Minnesota State Mankato pre-nursing students, when appropriate.
More information on enrolling in nursing and for the Maverick Advance Plan is available by contacting Admissions & Outreach at North Hennepin Community College at email@example.com or 763-424-0724.
North Hennepin Community College graduates who meet the following requirements will receive guaranteed admission into Minnesota State Mankato’s 100 percent online RN Baccalaureate Completion Program:
- Students must successfully complete the Associate of Science in Nursing degree from North Hennepin Community College prior to admission to the RN-Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Students must have an Unrestricted RN License by the start of the RN-Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Students may be in progress, or have plans to complete the NCLEX-RN examination when making application. Full admission requires RN Licensure.
- Students must earn a minimum of a C grade in all North Hennepin Community College nursing coursework.
- Students must have a total cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Considering the grading scale requirements for nursing at North Hennepin Community College, GPA waivers will be considered.
- Interested students will be strongly encouraged to apply to Minnesota State University, Mankato as early as possible to allow for a more comprehensive joint advising experience.
- Students accepted into the MAP program will be eligible for the transfer student scholarship from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Established in 1966, North Hennepin Community College is a member of the Minnesota State system, and a local, global-minded community of lifelong learners located in the northwest metropolitan area of the Twin Cities.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,482 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.