Hi everyone. This is your friendly, NHCC grant writer Dr. Paul Peterson, and I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the college and let everyone know which resources are available to them for pursuing external funds through grants. In these times of financial difficulties, it is even more essential now that we pool our resources together to seek out funding to support the college and its operations. Do you have a project you have been eager to pursue, an event you are dying to put on, or would you be interested in finding extra funding for existing areas of the college and aren’t quite sure where to start?
Here is a step-by-step overview of where to start:
Step 1: Please visit the Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IR&E) SharePoint homepage.
Step 2: Use the resources available to you.
- On the right side of the IR&E homepage, there are two areas for exploring the types of grants (Grants Resources) and how to apply for them (Grants Essentials)
- Ask me for specific types of grants that align with NHCC's Strategic Plan (*some examples of appropriate areas, below)
- Read our short, official NHCC grant policy
- Please contact me with any questions or for more information:
Dr. Paul Peterson
Office location: Learning Resource Center - 141
Step 3: Ask your colleagues and supervisor what they think about your ideas.
Step 4: Prepare to apply
Once you’re ready to begin preparing a grant proposal or application, please use the
Permission to Apply for External Funds Form (regular Minnstate login required) to obtain the necessary approvals so that you can submit your grant proposal or application
*Specific examples that align with our Strategic Plan:
- Grants targeting low-income students
- Closing the equity gap
- Grants that support existing college functions
- Accessibility updates and ADA compliance
- Student services
- Infrastructure improvements
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Job skills and workforce development/placement opportunities
- Student needs support, including basic needs