- BFA, Truman State University
- MFA, University Of Minnesota Twin Cities
Jason's been working in the graphic design industry since the mid-90s, including 10+ years in the Twin Cities metro area design scene; from Junior Designer to Art Director, from freelance to contract to full-time & back, from being hired & managed to hiring & managing people, he's volleyed through many facets of a design career across different industries.
Jason holds a Master of Fine Arts degree in studio art from the University of Minnesota (Minneapolis). Prior to joining NHCC, Jason taught at:
- U of M @ Minneapolis: adjunct faculty & teaching assistant
- beginning & intermediate drawing (adjunct)
- printmaking & digital media (teaching assistant)
- Brown College: adjunct faculty (graphic design)
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design: fabrication shop striker
- welding, foundry (aluminum, bronze), woodworking, 3D printing, vacuum forming, environmental graphics
- forklift driving, sweating, lots of sweeping & cleaning!
- custom production solutions for student class projects
- critiques & feedback with sculpture classes to help students hone concept & technical skills
His open interest in media — from digital graphic design tools to video projection mapping, photography, sound, interactivity, & installation-art, graffiti, painting, & printmaking — informs his approach to design curriculum. Jason believes connecting with others is crucial — whether with audiences through design, or with coworkers & clients through good communication, research, & feedback — he's keen to help people see a path ahead for themselves more clearly than he did early in his career, & to make the world a more beautiful place along the way!