Before scheduled classes, or by appointment.
- BFA, Minneapolis College Of Art and Design
- MA, University Of California-Berkeley
Glenn Grafelman is an artist and professor who engages in painting, photography, and ceramic sculpture. Grafelman’s work abstracts personal experience and imagines the emotional and ideological landscape.
Grafelman was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Minneapolis College of Art & Design, graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a Masters of Art, and continued Master of Fine Art studies at the School of Visual Arts, NYC. A lifelong learner, he studied Wet Plate Collodion photography and other antiquarian photography techniques at the George Eastman House and International Museum in Rochester, NY.
Glenn Grafelman served as an adjunct lecturer at the Montserrat College of Art, University of New Hampshire, University of Southern Maine, College of Visual Arts, St. Paul, and the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus. In 2007 Grafelman was appointed Unlimited Full-Time Faculty at North Hennepin Community College and in 2008 began the Ceramics Program at NHCC.
Grafelman’s art has been featured in national and international exhibitions and has maintained studios in New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, and Geneva, Switzerland. His work resides in museum, corporate, and private collections in France, Switzerland, and the United States.
- Introduction to Ceramics
- Intermediate & Advanced Ceramics
- Beginning Painting (Oil & Acrylics)
- Intermediate & Advanced Painting
- Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced Drawing
- Beginning & Advanced Film (Darkroom) Photography
- Digital Photography
- 2 & 3 Dimensional Design
- Color Theory (Fundamentals of Color)
- Art Appreciation
- Mixed Media (Art) Workshops
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Aesthetic Theory
- Phenomenology of Creativity
- Paint and Mineral Coatings Technologies