Course Material Returns
Students may receive a full refund for course materials through the fifth (5) business day of the term or the fifth (5) business day after a late start course begins, whichever is later. Refund requests must meet the following conditions:
- Return is presented with the original sales receipt and your NHCC Student ID.
- Books are in the original purchased condition - free from writing, highlighting, creases, erasure marks or any damage.
- Loose leaf items must be in original shrink-wrap.
- CDs, diskettes, InfoTrac pass codes, and software included with book or sold alone must in unopened original packaging.
- All components must be in original bundle and unopened.
- For late start courses, a copy of your schedule which identifies registration in a late-start class.
- Returns are refunded in the same manner in which payment was made.
General Merchandise Returns
Students may receive a full refund on general merchandise within five (5) business days after purchase. Refund requests must meet the following conditions:
- Return is presented with the original cashier Sales receipt and your NHCC Student ID.
Returned merchandise is in salable condition. The Bookstore reserves the right to determine the salability of the merchandise. Defective items will be replaced with exact merchandise or a substitute item at discretion of manager.
The following items are non-returnable:
- On-sale or clearance merchandise.
- Computer diskettes and magnetic media (audio/video tape).
- Opened plastic wrapped or blister-packed merchandise.
- Clothing with original tags may be exchanged for sizing errors.
- Special orders.
- Art supplies, medical supplies and custom kits.
- Electronics including iPod, recorders, calculators, etc.
- Candy, food or other consumables.
- Checks are written as payable to NHCC Bookstore for the amount of purchase only.
- Your NHCC student ID and your phone number is required.
- A service fee is assessed for all NSF and closed account checks.
- The Bookstore does not accept starter checks, third party checks or checks signed by someone else (i.e. relatives, etc.).
Credit/Debit Card Purchases
The Bookstore accepts Discover, MasterCard and Visa only. Credit/debit card use must meet the following conditions:
- The physical presentation of the credit/debit card is required. The name on the credit card must match that of the presenter. We cannot accept credit cards presented that belong to some one else (ie parents, friends, relatives, etc) For your protection card purchases are not allowed over the phone.
- A photo ID is required for in-store purchases.
- Credit/debit cards are for the amount of purchase only.
- Refunds are made to the original credit card account.