| | | |

International Admissions

North Hennepin Community College is an excellent choice for international students to begin an associate degree, which is the foundation for a bachelor's degree in the United States. NHCC is part of the Minnesota State system and offers more than 30 associate degree options at a low tuition rate! Benefits of attending NHCC include our international student services and EAP courses (English language) you can complete while enrolled in your degree program.

Students planning to study on a F-1 student visa must complete an international student application packet and either bring it to campus or submit it via postal mail (DHL/FedEx/UPS). E-mailed documents are not accepted as they are not considered official.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester (August start date)

  • May 1 for new international students (seeking F-1 visa)
  • July 1 for transfer students (with active F-1 visa)

Spring Semester (January start date)

  • October 1 for new international students (seeking F-1 visa)
  • December 1 for transfer students (with active F-1 visa)

Note: NHCC does not offer summer admissions.

Application Requirements

Complete these steps to enroll as an international student (F-1 visa):

  1. Apply for Admission

    Complete an International Application Packet with a $20 USD application fee. If you apply online you must still submit ALL supporting documentation listed in the application packet to complete your application. Mail documents to:

    North Hennepin Community College
    International Admissions
    7411 85th Avenue North
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 USA

  2. Submit the following documents

    All documents must be original or certified/official copies and received by NHCC's application deadline. Original (paper) documents are required for academic records, financial sponsorship, and proof of English proficiency. You may e-mail copies of immigration documents and F-1 contract.

Are you seeking a change of status to an F-1 visa?

The following resources can help you understand a change of status request:

Note: B visa (visitors) can complete admissions steps while visiting the USA but are not eligible to enroll in college with a B visa. It is strongly encouraged that B visa holders plan to exit the USA and apply for a F-1 visa at an embassy in their home country due to the current processing time of change of status requests.

International Transfer Credits

If you completed university courses in another country and would like to request transfer credit, you must order a course-by-course evaluation report from a NACES member credential evaluation service. Suggested evaluation agencies include ECE and WES.

Contact Information

Sean Olson
Associate Director
Admissions and Outreach Office