The Post Secondary Enrollment Options - Career & Technical Education (PSEO-CTE) program allows high school students the opportunity to earn college credit and use those credits toward the completion of high school graduation requirements. PSEO-CTE students can take ONE approved course per semester at NHCC.
Eligibility for PSEO-CTE (Career & Technical Education)
- Open to high school sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- Students must have passed the 8th grade MCA (Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment) reading exam. Current 10th grade students in public schools who did not take the 8th grade MCA reading exam may substitute a college level Reading score from the ACCUPLACER placement test.
- Students must also meet the specific course requirements and prerequisites of the CTE course in which they wish to enroll.
- Private school and homeschool 10th grade students are not eligible to enroll in PSEO CTE courses.
- If the participating student receives a grade of 'C' or better in their first CTE course, they are eligible to take additional courses the next semester.
For more information about MnSCU PSEO eligibility requirements, please see http://www.mnscu.edu/admissions/pseo.html.
PSEO-CTE Application Steps
1. Complete and submit ALL application documents together
Before submitting your application, check that you have included all the required documents below. Incomplete applications will result in a delay of notice of PSEO eligibility. You can find directions to upload PSEO documents here.
2. Attend PSEO-CTE Mandatory Parent Meeting
- All PSEO-CTE students must attend the required parent meeting.
- Student must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
All application materials can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts must be sent from a counselor or school official's school e-mail address to be considered official. Transcripts are also accepted electronically via Parchment, Naviance, SendEdu, etc. For this option, you may need the assistance of a school official.
Approved Courses for PSEO Career and Technical Education
ACCT 2100 The Accounting Cycle
BUS 1010 Job Seeking Skills
BUS 1100 Introduction to Business and the American Economy
BUS 1440 Personal Financial Planning
CIS 1000 Electronic Keyboarding Communications
CIS 1101 Business Computer Systems I
CIS 1200 Word Processing
CIS 1230 Business Presentation PowerPoint
CIS 1300 Introduction to the Internet
CIS 1310 The Whole Internet
CIS 1500 Developing Computer Keyboarding Skills
CIS 1510 Introduction to Computers and Basic Word Processing
CIS 1520 Spreadsheets
CIS 1530 Business Graphics
CRD 1000 Career Planning
CSCI 1000 Computer Basics
CSCI 1035 Introduction to Computer Programming with Games
CSCI 1020 Beginning Web Page Programming
ENGR 1000 Introduction to Engineering and Design