Non-Degree Seeking Students
Follow these steps if you plan to only take select courses at North Hennepin and are not seeking a degree or certificate from NHCC.
The first step in becoming a student at NHCC is to complete an Online Application or Paper Application and submit:
-$20 application fee
-Official high school transcript or GED certificate
Take Placement Test(s) or submit official college transcripts (as needed)
To meet course pre-requisites or placement levels, you may need to complete NHCC's placement tests, a placement waiver, or submit official transcripts to our Records & Registration office.
When you are ready to register for classes, please do so through your NHCC eServices account using your student ID.
Students may pay for tuition and books using cash, check, credit card, or payment plan.
MnSCU Visiting Students
If you are a current student at another MnSCU college/university, you may be able to register at NHCC as a visiting student using your eServices account. Follow these steps:
- Log-in to e-Services using your account at your current (home) MnSCU institution.
- Select Courses & Registration, and then Search for a Course.
- In the dropdown for College/University, find North Hennepin Community College.
- Find your desired course at NHCC, and then click the Add button (plus sign) on the left.
- Follow the steps on the top - Search, Search Results & Plan, Review My Plan, and Register.
- You will receive an e-mail within 3 business days from Records & Registration with your NHCC student ID and D2L instructions.
- Non-degree seeking and visiting students are not eligible for financial aid through NHCC. Check with your home institution if you are currently enrolled at another college/university.
- You must follow all listed pre-requisites and placement levels.
- Only admitted (not visiting) students may submit official transcripts for review to meet pre-requisites.
- Placement tests and orientation are not mandatory for non-degree seeking and visiting students.
- It is beneficial to verify how your NHCC course(s) transfer with your current or future college/university before enrolling. Course transfer is determined by the receiving institution.