Open House 2017 is planned for April 18th. Please see last year's information below to learn about Open House. Right now we are planning next year's event and new information will be posted in 2017.
Learn more about North Hennepin Community College’s degree options, student resources, and admissions steps at our Open House the evening of Tuesday, April 12th from 4:00-7:00pm!
RSVP and attend to win door prizes! Apply for admission at Open House and we’ll waive your $20 application fee.
RSVP for Open House online
Open House events include:
- Applying to NHCC for FREE!
- Touring Campus
- Getting help completing your FAFSA
- Participating in Program Breakout Sessions
- Attending Admissions Information Sessions
- Visiting with staff & faculty
- Learning about 4-year degrees on campus
Breakout Sessions include:
- Admissions @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm
- Learn about applying to NHCC, understand admissions steps, and game plan a timeline to begin college at our Admissions info session. Also available in Spanish (see below).
- Astronomy @ 4:30pm
- I am not a fortune teller: What can you do with a degree in physics / astronomy?
It's more than telescopes and calculators. We will talk about the skills and classes you need for a degree in physics / astronomy, and the many different options for using these degrees.
- Business & Accounting @ 4:30pm
Thinking about a career in the area of business? Learn how your start at North Hennepin can create an entryway to your continued success into a 4-year business degree—or give you the skills and education needed for careers after your 2-year degree.
Whether you are interested in Accounting, Business Computer Systems & Management, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Entrepreneurship, this session in CBT 171 will give you great info about your options at North Hennepin and your pathways to success!
- Careers in Criminal Justice @ 5:30pm
- Interested in a career in Criminal Justice? Attend this informational session in CBT 171 and have your questions answered.
- Computer Science @ 5:30pm
We "teach" the computer to test our software. We build "automated tests" that "grade" our software, allowing us to improve and tune it, until it "passes" the tests. Learn about options in Computer Science in CBT 167!
- Health Careers & Nursing @ 4:30pm & 5:30pm
- Interested in the healthcare or helping field and want to learn more about what NHCC has to offer? Attend our Health Careers breakout session in CBT 179.
- Liberal Arts & Transfer @ 4:30pm & 5:30pm
- Learn how to successfully start on your path to a bachelor's degree by completing liberal arts, MnTC (Minnesota Transfer Curriculum) courses at NHCC! This session will help you understand what you'll need to prepare for to transfer to a university.
- PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Options) @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm
- Still in high school but want to start on college courses? Attend our PSEO info session to find out how!
- Spanish @ 5:30pm
- Did you know that now you can get your accredited Spanish Language Certificate at North Hennepin? If you would like to get more info about our certificate, please attend the Spanish Division session in CBT 167.
- Talleres para familias Latinas sobre NHCC @ 4:00pm, 5:00pm, & 6:00pm
- Theatre @ 4:30pm
- Attend this unique breakout session held in the Fine Arts Center Theatre to learn about ways to get involved in productions on NHCC's campus! You'll even get a glimpse of our Sasquatched! The Musical set-up.
Breakouts by time:
- 4:00pm - Admissions, PSEO, Talleres para familias Latinas sobre NHCC
- 4:30pm - Astronomy, Business/Accounting/Technology, Health Careers/Nursing, Liberal Arts/Transfer, Theatre
- 5:00pm - Admissions, PSEO, Talleres para familias Latinas sobre NHCC
- 5:30pm - Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement, Health Careers/Nursing, Liberal Arts/Transfer, Spanish
- 6:00pm - Admissions, PSEO, Talleres para familias Latinas sobre NHCC
Check-in at the Center for Business & Technology (CBT). Parking is free on campus, please park on the East side of campus by CBT. See www.nhcc.edu/maps for a campus map and location for parking.
You can arrive anytime that's convenient for you during the event. However, keep in mind breakout sessions will begin at a specific time and you should arrive 15 minutes early to check-in.