The mission of the North Hennepin Community College Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution is to process violations of the Code of Conduct with focus on the promotion of personal growth and the development of students and to serve as a resource for conflict on campus. The office collaborates with key campus partners and students to engage in meaningful dialogue around decision making, understanding personal and institutional values, and works to enhance skills that help students with success inside and outside of the classroom. Additionally, the office works to provide preventative training and workshops to engage the campus community in discussions of conflict, civic responsibility, and integrity, helping prepare students to succeed in their chosen professions and make a positive difference in the world.
The goals of the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution:
- Support and promote an educational environment that supports the overall mission of the college.
- Assist in protecting the campus from disruption and harm, providing a safe educational environment that is conducive to academic success.
- Provide a fair process for each student that comes in contact with the office where students feel that they are being heard.
- Focus on holistic student development to help each student reach their individual goals and prepare them for future endeavors after college.
- Train faculty and staff on managing difficult, disruptive, and dangerous behavior on campus effectively and with a focus on campus community at the forefront.
- Provide preventative educational opportunities to help reduce policy violations.
Finally, our office provides the community with many support services and/or presentations that assist with understanding, managing, and resolving conflict that include, but are not limited to:
- Academic integrity
- Conflict coaching
- Restorative justice
- Values based decision making
- Understanding and Managing Conflict Workshop
Our office is a resource for all students, not just those experiencing times of difficulty. Please reach out to us if you have concerns, ideas for collaborations or presentations, or even if you are just seeking to meet new people on campus.
Conduct Process Flow Chart:
This flow chart represents the process that happens when we receive a report of alleged misconduct.
If you have been the victim of Sexual Violence, dating violence, please do not hesitate to reach out to this office for assistance. We will work with you to get you in touch with resources (both on and off-campus) and will help provide you with all of your options so you can make the best decision for you on what to do next. For a complete list of resources, please visit NHCC's Sexual Violence page.
Discrimination or Harassment
If you feel that you have been the victim of discrimination or harassment, please know that our office is here to help you and we want to here about your experience. Additionally, please visit NHCC's page that explains definitions and provides examples of discrimination and harassment.