This page contains links to software that you may want to use for your online courses. NHCC is not responsible for the content contained in any of these websites. They are provided as a possible resource list. In addition, we strongly recommend that you purchase anti-virus software for your computer.
NHCC online courses require a web browser be installed on your computer.
- Adobe Reader - Software for viewing and printing Adobe PDF files.
- Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack - Install this compatibilty pack if you likeot open, edit, save documents, workbooks, and presentations that were created in the newer versions of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Word Viewer - View. print, and copy Word Documents.
- Excel Viewer - This viewer allows users without MS Excel to view spreadsheets.
- PowerPoint Viewer - This viewer allows users to view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
Text Reading Software
Free software is available for text to speech conversion.
SATogo ( www.satogo.com ) will read any text on the screen. SATogo will read PDFs, Microsoft Word Documents, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and pretty much any other programs and/or documents. It is very useful for every aspect of computer use.