NHCC recognizes that everyone has a different level of experience with technology. To help you explore online learning and increase your computer skills, we offer a course demo for online learners.
Demo an Online Course
Have you ever wanted to see what an online course looks like before you register? Now you can! You can even try a sample quiz, post a practice discussion, upload a file into a dropbox to see how it works. This practice course is called Life Online in D2L Brightspace and is designed to give you skills you need to be successful as online learner. The course focuses on the following seven areas, giving you a strong start, and a successful finish with any course you take:
- Introduction to Online Learning
- Using D2L Brightspace
- Learning styles
- Focus: How to get focused and stay focused
- Enhancing computer skills
- Time management
- Help and community
Option 1. If you are current student and have access to D2L Brightspace site, please use below steps:
- Sign in to the D2L Brightspace system: https://nhcc.ims.mnscu.edu
- On the navigation bar of the D2L Brightspace home page, click on Self Registration link
- From list of available courses select "Life Online in D2L Brightspace"
- Click on the "Register" button
- Click on the "Submit" button
- Click on the "Finish" button
- Click on either the "Go to course offering Life Online in D2L Brightspace link or the "Done" button. "Life Online in D2L Brightspace" course will now be listed under My Courses in your D2L Brightspace Home page.
Option 2. If you are prospective student, just admitted, or just registered for classes student and do not have access to D2L Brightspace site, please use below steps:
- Navigate to login page
- Type demo in both the student id and password boxes and click on Login button
- Click on the course link called Life Online in D2L Brightspace under My Courses
- Click on Materials, then select Content to begin exploring