NHCC online students can access a variety of student services.
We recommend that you perform all the steps listed on this page, so you can identify issues and proactively seek resolution.
The North Hennepin Community College campus is wireless accessible. Feel free to bring your laptop or mobile device and gain access to your online class while on campus.
Library Scholarly Material Access
Students who access library journal articles and other library resources from off-campus, must use the bar code from the back of their Student Picture Identification card. If you do not have a Student Picture ID card and need to access the library materials from off-campus, email email@example.com and give them your Student ID number and name. They will send you a bar code to use for access to library materials.
Registration and Next Steps
- Register by visiting using NHCC's online registration services.
- Perform a system check . This will verify that your computer can display course materials.
- Review the Online Student Information Guide.
- Review the Getting Started Student Tutorials. These tutorials will give you an overview of the system and online learning.
- Login to online learning. Your course(s) will not be available until the official start date of the course unless the instructor has contacted you with a different start date. If you have any problems logging in, contact the help desk.
- E-mail your instructor if you have any questions about the course and to find out if there are requirements you may need to complete prior to the start time.
- Purchase your books for your online courses. Students are expected to order course books before the first day of classes. Books can be purchased at the NHCC online bookstore or can stop by the campus and visit the college's bookstore in person. To avoid a last minute online rush, you may want to order books up to two weeks before classes start, so your books arrive in time. Blended/Hybrid and Web Supplemented students may purchase their books and supplies at the campus bookstore.
- Test Proctoring, if required for your class, can be done here at NHCC or this list from the state includes other Minnesota institutions that provide proctoring.
- Minnesota Online provides additional courses that can be transferred to complete your degree at NHCC or other institutions.
- Affordable Colleges Online helps to find best online colleges to continue your studies in Minnesota and outside of the state.