North Hennepin Community College is dedicated to the success of all students. The American Indian Education Initiative is committed to a campus environment that is supportive of Native students by creating an atmosphere that is welcoming, culturally sensitive, and encouraging of student success. We support the dignity of all human beings.
Benefits of the Initiative
- Connections to faculty and staff
- Opportunity to be mentored
- Connections to community leaders
- Connections with other students
- Learn to set-up milestones
- Give back to your community
The American Indian Advisory Committee to the President is comprised of students, staff, faculty and community members. The committee works to reach out to Native communities and present NHCC as a welcoming college for Native peoples. To further this goal, the American Indian Advisory committee intends to educate our community about Native cultures, literature, history and current issues, and continues to build links with local and national Native American communities through ongoing education and awareness programs.
Fall 2014 Meeting Dates:
- Friday, 09/12/14, 12:00-1:00 PM CBT 201
- Friday, 10/10/14, 12:00-1:00 PM CBT 201
- Friday, 11/07/14, 12:00-1:00 PM CBT 201
- Friday, 12/05/14, 12:00-1:00 PM, CBT 201