Orientation is required of all students, you will not be able to register for courses without attending Orientation. Orientation lasts approximately 3 hours, including one-one-one academic advising and course registration. We highly recommend attending Orientation as soon as possible--classes will fill quickly!
You must sign up in advance to attend a specific orientation session, as space is limited per session. You must have completed your placement test or have waivers to sign up. You will have an opportunity to sign up immediately after Testing or call us at 763-493-0588 to reserve your seat.
- General New Student Orientation - Open to students who are new to NHCC, including transfer students.
- PSEO Orientation - Required of all students enrolled as high school Post Secondary Education Option Students (PSEO). Students must attend an in-person, PSEO specific session when starting, no exceptions.
- International Students - If you are an international student studying on a F-1 visa, you need to attend International Student Orientation. Students are required to attend this two-day event on January 5 and 6, 2015. Please contact Sean Olson in the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-488-0491 to sign up.
New Student Orientation - Spring 2015 Semester Orientations
These sessions are open to new NHCC students, including adult and transfer students. To register for classes for Spring semester, you must attend an orientation session. You will not be admitted to the orientation session without first testing and signing up for the session.
You need to attend Orientation in order to Register. Orientation begins when Registration opens for NEW NHCC students for each semester.
- Registration for New Students/Orientation Sessions - Begin November 10, 2014
- PSEO Registration/Orientation - Begins November 24, 2014
To sign up for an Orientation Session, call 763-493-0588.
General New Student Orientation
You will meet with an advisor and register for classes at orientation. Guests are allowed, however, please do not bring children to these sessions, unless accompanied by another adult.
Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) Orientations
Career & Technical Education PSEO Students DO NOT attend the PSEO Orientation. This is reserved for students in the 11th & 12th grade General PSEO Program. CTE (Career & Technical Education) students must attend a mandatory CTE PSEO Parent/Student Session. See the application for more specific information.
All Orientation dates are subject to change. Please call to confirm dates and times.
Sign up by calling 763-493-0588 or come to the Advising Center.