Orientation is required of all students, you will not be able to register for courses without attending Orientation. Orientation lasts approximately 3 hours, including one-one-one academic advising and course registration. We highly recommend attending Orientation as soon as possible--classes will fill quickly! Please see the schedules below for more information about the types of orientation offered and how to sign-up.
You must sign up in advance to attend a specific orientation session, as space is limited per session. Contact us after completing your placement test to sign up. You will have an opportunity to sign up for Orientation immediately after Testing, so please bring your schedule with you, or call us at 763-493-0588 to reserve your seat in orientation.
- General New Student Orientation - Open to students who are new to NHCC, including transfer students.
- Pathways Orientation - Required of students whose placement scores indicate "Pathways" (please check your test results or call with questions).
- PSEO Orientation - Required of all students enrolled as Post Secondary Education Options (PSEO) students. Students must attend an in-person, PSEO specific session when starting, no exceptions.
- International Students - If you are an international student studying on a F-1 visa, you need to attend International Student Orientation. Students are required to attend this two-day event on August 11 and 12, 2014. Please contact Alison Leintz in the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call 763-424-0722 to sign up.
New Student Orientation - Summer & Fall 2014 Semester Orientations
These sessions are open to new NHCC students, including adult and transfer students. To attend classes for Summer & Fall semester, you must sign up to attend an orientation session, you will not be admitted to the orientation session without signing up first.
You need to attend the appropriate orientation session in order to Register. Orientation begins when Registration opens for NEW NHCC students for each semester.
- Summer Orientation Sessions - Begin March 20, 2014
- Fall Orientation Sessions - Begin April 14, 2014
To sign up for an Orientation Session, call 763-493-0588.
General New Student Orientation
You will meet with an advisor and register for classes at orientation. Guests are allowed, however, please do not bring children to these sessions, unless accompanied by another adult.
These sessions are reserved for Pathways students (please check your placement test results to see if it indicates "Pathways"). All Pathways Orientations include a campus tour. In addition, this session is for students only, no guests.
Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) Orientations
Career & Technical Education PSEO Students DO NOT attend the PSEO Orientation. This is reserved for students in the 11th & 12th grade General PSEO Program. CTE (Career & Technical Education) students must attend a mandatory CTE PSEO Parent/Student Session. See the application for more specific information.
All Orientation dates are subject to change. Please call to confirm dates and times.
Sign up by calling 763-493-0588 or come to the Advising Center.