Book Charge Eligibility
Students who meet one of the following conditions are eligible to charge books:
- ALLISS Grant recipients may charge the required textbook based on your approved ALLISS Grant authorization.
- Financial aid recipients receiving aid in excess of the cost of tuition and fees may charge books only after receiving an award letter (and completing the loan application process if you plan to accept the loan).
- PSEO students are eligible to charge books. However, PSEO funded books remain the property of the State of Minnesota and must be returned by the last day of the term. If you do not return books and materials by the return deadline, you are assessed a replacement fee and a hold is placed on your account, preventing you from future registration and/or receiving an official transcript for transfer purposes. Although you may write or highlight in these books for study purposes, you will be assessed a replacement fee for damage beyond normal study use.
- Students with an e-Cashier payment plan for the term may charge books.
- Third Party fund recipients must have your third-party provider submit payment authorization and have your account established in the Accounting & Fees Office prior to charging.
- Veterans must have applied for veterans benefits and obtain your book charge form from the VA Certifying Official. Backpacks cannot be charged on the VA account.
Book Charge Process
Students eligible to charge books, go to the Bookstore. To charge books you need:
- Your NHCC Student ID card.
- A copy of your class schedule (the Bookstore will retain the copy).
- A signed book charge form which is available at the Bookstore.
Book Charge Conditions
- The maximum charge amount for students enrolled in 7 or more credits is $500.
- The maximum charge amount for students enrolled in 6 or fewer credits is $300.
- Financial Aid, e-Cashier payment plan and veteran students, charges may include textbooks, backpack and limited supplies.
- ALLISS Grant and PSEO students, charges are limited to required textbooks and course materials only.
- Students remain responsible for any expense exceeding aid/authorization amount.
- Book charges are allowed only during the scheduled book charge dates.
- All charges are subject to the return policy. Please retain your receipt!