The Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program allows high school students the opportunity to earn college credits and use them toward the completion of high school graduation requirements.
Eligibility for PSEO
- Students must be high school juniors or seniors.
- Seniors must rank in the top half (50%) of their high school class or top half nationally on a standardized test.
- Juniors must rank in the top third (66%) of their high school class or top third nationally on a standardized test.
- Examples of standardized tests: ACT, SAT, PLAN, etc.
- After receiving authorization, students must demonstrate college-level readiness on the Reading portion of the ACCUPLACER placement test. PSEO students should complete the entire ACCUPLACER test (Reading, English, and Math) for placement into courses.
There is no PSEO enrollment during summer session. High school students interested in summer attendance should apply for high school non-PSEO enrollment.
PSEO Application Steps
1. Complete and submit ALL application documents together
Before submitting your application, make sure you have included all the required documents listed below. Incomplete applications will result in a delay of processing for notice of PSEO eligibility. You can find directions to upload PSEO documents here.
- PSEO Application - PSEO students do not pay the app fee.
- Notice of Student Registration (MN State form) - Signed by the student, parent/guardian and high school official.
- Official High School Transcripts (in a sealed envelope from the school). Transcripts must include the most recent semester grades.
- Official Standardized Test Scores are also required if you attend homeschool, charter or alternative schools, or if no class rank is indicated on your official transcript. Test results must be less than 12 months old at the time of submission. Test results indicated on official high school transcripts are acceptable only if the national rank is included.
- Review: PSEO Agreement of Understanding
- Review: PSEO Restricted Courses
2. Schedule ACCUPLACER Testing Appointment
Once your PSEO application is processed and you have received a letter of PSEO eligibility, schedule your ACCUPLACER test with the Testing Center (763-424-0928). Testing must be completed before the PSEO application deadline.
- Students are responsible for submitting test results or approved test waivers to Admissions prior to the deadline.
- The ACCUPLACER test determines if admission into the PSEO program will be granted. Only students testing at college-level Reading are eligible for PSEO.
3. Attend Mandatory Orientation
- All PSEO students are required to sign up and attend a PSEO-specific orientation.
- Please bring placement test scores or waiver to orientation.