If you are thinking about transferring to another institution, get started early to make sure you’re on track. Follow these guidelines to help you get started with the transfer process:
- Plan ahead and early to ensure a smooth transfer process by meeting with an academic advisor.
- Contact a transfer specialist at the college/university you wish to transfer to, in order to find out about your desired program of study/major. Colleges often visit NHCC. Check here often to see when you can meet with transfer staff from your intended college/university on NHCC's campus.
Upcoming College Visits:
- Refer to the Transfer Guides developed by other institutions, which provide information about how your NHCC credits will transfer into their specific programs or majors.
- Know NHCC’s Articulation Agreements, which are formal agreements between two or more institutions that specify how your credits will transfer into specialized professional programs, such as AS, AAS, or AFA degrees. Search either by institution or by program area for all current Articulation Agreements within the state of Minnesota.
- Use Transferology to determine how your courses may transfer. Transferology is a free, web-based transfer tool that provides fast and accurate course and transfer equivalency information.
- Check out MNtransfer.org for transfer basics and planning your next steps. This site is your connection to resources about transfer options, including the Transfer Action Plan.
- Request a transcript from NHCC by using the National Student Clearinghouse, and send it to the colleges/universities of your choice.